When you think of your perfect wedding day, do you see birds chirping, flowers blooming and a breeze gently blowing? Maybe springtime is the ideal season for all of your wedding dreams to come true!
There are a lot of great reasons to get married in the spring: many venues and caterers offer off-season discounts; a huge variety of florals and greenery are readily available; and the abundance of pastels make for a romantic bridal palette. Get inspired by season with our special guide to spring weddings!
Blossom in Spring Wedding Color
Diggin’ this time of year, but don’t know where to start with a spring wedding color palette? There are lots of different ways to approach your spring wedding colors varying from soft and sweet to loud and vibrant. If you’re taking a more romantic approach to your wedding colors, think about dusty tones like sage, rose or mauve. You could always do multiple shades within one color family or pull from a variety of soft hues for a bouquet of colors!
That said, if you want to showcase your eclectic side, a bright yellow is a fun alternative. With a dominant color like yellow, it’s smart to keep other shades in your spring wedding color palette more muted. Consider a blush, lilac, gray or dusty blue to balance out a bright yellow.
If you’re looking for more affordable bridesmaid dresses, Brideside has two collections:Brideside and Aura, priced $150–$200! Both collections offer a variety of pastel shades to complement your spring wedding colors.
Get a head start with some of our favorite spring bridesmaid dresses from all collections:
- Baby Blue:Brideside Cameron Bridesmaid Dress in ‘Moonstone’ (pictured below),Jenny Yoo Adeline Bridesmaid Dress in ‘Ciel Blue,’
- Hello Yellow:Jenny Yoo Alana Bridesmaid Dress in ‘Chartreuse,’ Aura by Brideside Stella Bridesmaid Dress in ‘Citrine’
- Think Pink: Aura Callista Bridesmaid Dress in ‘Morganite, ’Jenny Yoo Cassie Bridesmaid Dress in ‘Rosewater’
- Wise Sage: Brideside Rachel Bridesmaid Dress in ‘Sage,’ Amsale G878C in ‘Sage’
Prepping for Spring Wedding Day Weather
Spring showers (and May flowers) are certainly a possibility on any spring day, but they don’t have to take away from the fun or beauty of your wedding! If rainy weather is in the forecast, take a deep breath. Rainy wedding weather is a symbol of good fortune after all! You just need to be ready for any kind of weather that could come your way. Check with your venue before you book to see what accommodations they have for rain. Depending on the degree of drizzle, some simple table umbrellas may be all that is necessary, but it’s nice to know there are indoor spaces available just in case.
Keep an eye on the forecast 1–2 weeks out so you have time to purchase extra weather-related materials like tents. If you plan to take pictures outside, buy some cute umbrellas for the wedding party! Plus: What’s more romantic than kissing in the rain?
Other weather-related tips to keep in mind: Make sure everyone uses waterproof makeup and bring lots of wipes, concealer, bobby pins and hairspray to account for stormy weather. Pack sunscreen too just in case — you can get sunburned even in overcast weather!
If you know your hair does not do well in humidity, consult with your hair stylist ahead of time about a style that will work best. A professional will know what’s right for your specific hair type so you can prevent a bad hair day well before it happens.
Get Your Floral On! Spring Wedding Flowers and Bouquets
You may not know that selecting flowers that are out of season from wedding decor and bouquets often comes with added costs from the florist. Thankfully, spring brides have the *best* selection of flowers and greenery to choose from! Popular spring wedding flowers include:
- Calla Lilies (aka THE wedding flower!)
- English Garden Roses
Talk to your florist about some fresh spring bouquet ideas with local flowers, as blooms will also vary by location. You can even add a vintage or rustic vibe by wrapping your floral arrangements in lace, burlap or satin ribbon.
You can also bring some floral inspiration to your bridesmaid dresses! Brideside has a great collection of floral prints that are perfect for spring. Floral print is great for a Maid of Honor standout look, or as part of a mix of other shades or textures.
Keep these floral bridesmaid dresses fresh in your mind:
- Jenny Yoo Claire Bridesmaid Dress in ‘Berry Vintage Iris’ (pictured below, to the left of the bride)
- Jenny Yoo Ditsy Bryce Bridesmaid Dress in ‘Ditsy Print Whipped Apricot’
- Jenny Yoo Farrah Print Bridesmaid Dress in ‘Ohana Print Soft Sage Multi’
Spring Wedding Ideas to Add to Your Basket
Grab some design decor and wedding theme ideas from the beautiful spring season! Consider our favorite ideas for a spring wedding!
- Garden Party: Incorporate florals into your wedding favors! Small potted plants make great gifts for your guests and can also double as place cards. Put the name of each guest and their table number on a sign and stick it in the dirt of the plant. Succulents work so well for this because they are easy to take care of. Another idea is to do your place cards in seed paper so guests can create a lasting memory in a new plant! (and recycle).
- Bottle Service: Collect a variety of old bottles to use as table decor. Put a few flowers in each bottle for a rustic-meets-elegant look. If your bottles have an interesting history, leave the labels on. However, if you’d prefer a cleaner look, remove the labels. You can do this by soaking bottles in warm, soapy water and then peeling them off. Feeling extra crafty? Spray your bottles in a metallic spray paint and add a little shine!
- Leaf it to Green: Add some greenery to your wedding decor with leaves and flower petals. They usually come in big packs and can be scattered on the tables for a natural (and lower-cost) touch. You could even use your leaves as part of your place cards or invites! Write names in metallic marker and pin each to small sheet of cardstock. It’s a subtle, but beautiful, detail.
- Blossom’s Up: What is your signature cocktail? Consider elements of rose, lavender or mint in your drink to give it a fresh floral feel. You can even take it a step further with edible flowers. Give your guests a pop of color to their bubbly with edible wildflowers. Put a small bowl at each table as an additional centerpiece element, or have it as an option at the bar area.
- Hang in There: Floral Garlands make for such a beautiful photo backdrop. Think about setting up an area of your reception venue to put up a pretty photo wall. A wood frame with flowers and draped fabric hanging from it is a stunning backdrop for a ceremony or photos with guests. If you don’t have space or budget, look into lower-cost options like tulle or tissue flower garlands.
Soak in the Spring Wedding Inspiration
Your spring wedding will be one for the books! Make note of some of these great spring wedding ideas and start a board on pinterest with your favorites! If you still want a helping hand, Brideside has a wonderful team of stylists here to help! Contact us today to get set up with a (free!) stylist and wedding expert of your very own.